Help us build a centre dedicated to single parents!
Single parents, especially single moms, are in need of services like ours:
- Divorce rate is 41% in Canada, so more and more families are going to become single-parent households
- Average age of divorce for women in Canada is 42, which means that divorce is affecting progressively younger women
- 97% of single parents are mothers
- $2Billion is owed in child support in Ontario
- 82% of child support payments are in arrears
- 1 in 2 female single-parent children in Canada living in poverty
We are working towards opening an office in Toronto to provide hands-on services for those in need, such as connection to information, counselling, parenting seminars and resumé building. In order for our vision to become a reality, we have started the process to register our organization as a not-for-profit with the Ontario government. We are raising funds for this application and the cost of this website.
As the four of us co-founders are all single mothers ourselves, we are unable to contribute the full cost of this initiative.